It was the end of the world in a few hours. Yep, no doubt about it. The news had confirmed it and they were never wrong. Half the population was cowering and the other half was making fun of it or partying.
She clicked on a comedy site link: 5 Annoying Things about the Apocalypse.
- We’re never going to be able to make a movie about this.
- We’ll never be able to eat up all the canned beans in our fallout shelter in time.
- Game of Thrones will never, ever be finished.
- Bruce Willis really dropped the ball on this one.
- Despite all our pop culture about the apocalypse, absolutely no one saw this coming.
Cassandra looked sadly over at her sandwich board lying by the door, The End is Nigh scrawled in her spidery handwriting. She opened up her blog where the last entry: WE’RE ALL GOING TO DIE! sat with no comments and no likes. It had been posted a week before the news of the monster asteroid had been announced.
The phone rang. “Hey Cassandra, let’s go out with a bang!” her friend said. “A group of us are going over to the bar to get drunk.”
“It’ll be closed,” Cassandra said.
“No it won’t. Come on!” Her friend hung up.