It’s funny how ideas sometimes come about by accident. I got the idea for this when I was replying to a post by Susannah Bianchi (seriously, go check out her blog) and accidentally typed a smiley without the eyes. And so, Filbert was born. Read about him and four others below.
1. Filbert smiles in his sleep. He also sleepwalks. He also constantly wears a flesh-colored balaclava. His hero is the Cheshire Cat. The upshot is that a lot of time he walks around, totally asleep, the only thing visible his smile.
2. Consuela went to a plastic surgeon to get a nose job. Unfortunately, since her eyesight wasn’t that great, she wandered into a construction site by accident. George, the foreman (no relation), kept telling her she was in the wrong place until he heard how much she was willing to pay. Then he thought he’d take a shot at it. He cut off a section of I-beam and fastened it to her face. Surprisingly, she was thrilled with the results. And people thought she was hard-nosed before…
3. Not only does Cedric only have one eye (his choice, don’t pity him), but he is also quite the aristocrat. Not that he has any money, but he does wear a monocle everywhere. He is unhappy because Cedric is always unhappy about something. At the moment, it’s because the woman at McDonald’s wasn’t smiling when she handed him his change.
4. Penelope is a small creature that grew on a pile of dirty dishes the dishwasher of a bar and grill hid in a closet just before he quit. Penelope is only a pair of eyes so far, but she has high hopes. “Look at me, world! I’m going to make it after all!” her eyes seem to shout.
5. Victoria stood on her head as a child and was so tickled by the change in perspective that she never turned right way up again. She views the world upside and is a leading expert in people’s shoes and socks. She has a smile, but her scarf fell down around her mouth years ago, so no one knows what it looks like.