Have you ever wanted to mess around with another writer’s story? Well, here is your chance. Introducing Open Prompts. Post some aspect of a short story in the comments and I will be sure to include it in my next story, to be posted on Friday, September 7.
Some examples are:
– the title
– the genre (fantasy, mystery, horror, etc.)
– the tone (dark, humorous , serious, absurd, etc.)
– characters’ names or other details about them
– plot elements (e.g. a silver dagger, a rainstorm, identical twins, etc.)
– the length (something between 50 and 1500 words)
– the setting
– anything else you feel like.
It’s pretty much open. I am planning on doing this on a regular basis, although this first one is a test. Every time, I will suggest one element and then take the first 5 suggestions I get in the comments, for a total of six elements per story. Please though, nothing obscene or sexually explicit. I’ll post the names of the story element contributors in the story. First come, first serve!
This isn’t just for me, of course. Feel free to join me in this: we all use the same story elements and then compare stories. Just post a link to your story somewhere so I can read it.
So, here is the first prompt:
1. There is a character name Kermit, who is a horrible klutz